Venture Knowledge Seminar Series
The Venture Knowledge Seminar Series is a monthly seminar and workshop designed for student, faculty and community innovators. The series addresses commercialization, new venture creation and growth topics in a short hour-long format at the PORTAL Building on the UNC Charlotte campus. The series also offers a brief overview of University support resources.
Current and past topics have included
- 09/15 Commercialization Part 1: Overview of the Time to Market Commercialization Process
- 10/ 20 Commercialization Part 2: The ‘Engine’ of the Time to Market Process
- How to Recognize an Opportunity (Start-up or license)
- Preparing a Commercialization Plan
- Finding the First Customer
- Early-stage Funding: SBIR/STTR, NSF I-Corp, NC Idea, Equity Investors, Strategic Partners
- When Good Science Makes a Good Commercial Product—and When It Doesn’t
- Are You Ready to Be an Entrepreneur?
- Consulting Agreements—What to Look for…What to Watch Out for
- Where the Rubber Hits the Road—Two University Start Ups Share Their Experiences
To sign-up for event alerts and information, please contact Carrie Bovill.